Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Horror Show



Horror Show were around from sometime in the early 2000's until 2005 in Philadelphia, PA. Their lyrics, in the vein of American Nightmare/GUTG, attracted before anything. Sadly I was probably going to my first shows around the time they broke up, thus never hearing of them until a year ago. They only managed to put out two 7"s on Deathwish and a demo before that, which I'm still searching for in mp3's(if you have them, hook me up!). Anyways, the music isn't anything new or special, even for when they were around,but it's not bad what so ever. Lyric wise reminds a lot of American Nightmare and Panic. So if you know those 2, then you what this band is all about. I really enjoy them all around, really great, and I never hear a whole lot of hype behind them. So I figured I would write this boring entry so you can check them out. I uploaded the 2 7"s , Our design and The Holiday EP. Everything they released is out of print but you can find their stuff on ebay every so often or trades, which I aquired a shirt and The Holiday EP 7" on white.

From what I have read, Nicky Money (vocalist) stabbed someone at a show and because of issues with parole, he couldn't tour, which I suppose caused them to break up. Which sucks, because I feel they could have done a lot more. I also read some where he's in XO Skeltons with Wes Eisloid of American Nightmare,GUTG, Some Girls, etc. Not sure how true that is, but what ever, cool if he is.


Here's the info on Deathwish's page:
"Horror Show were a poetic and powerful hardcore band from the streets of Philadelphia.

Their music cried out from the darkest of depths for someone (re: anyone) to listen to their hardcore anthems of sorrow, heartbreak and violence. Unlike many of their hardcore contemporaries, Horror Show truly lived the pain of their songs every day. Deeply rooted in late night quarrels and their city's urban decay, Horror Show were a sign of hope in an otherwise bleak and barren world.

After the release of their debut CD/7"EP, "Our Design", Horror Show toured the east coast U.S. in support of the release. They also played a number of memorable hometown shows and made an appearance at the memorable Deathwish/Bridge 9 Festival in 2003.

In late 2004, Horror Show released their "The Holiday" 7"EP on Deathwish, which came to be their final recordings.

Members of the band remain active in music today."


Our Design 7"/CD The Holiday EP 7"





Both are uploaded in this folder.
Click to download.

Here's their myspace: www.myspace.com/whoreshow

Enjoy.

No comments: